Everybody has been saying things about Komodo, from how dangerous and how its saliva filled with enourmous bacteria, or how to run when a komodo dragon chases you, and all other things. One thing for sure, most people scare the shit when komodo approach (including me), but what to do just to enjoy your komodo encounter moment, well here we are..
It's a komodo, not a crocodile
|"I'm not a crocodile, I'm way cooler than that!"|
Maybe some people are really bad at recognizing shapes but I do feel like there are big differences between komodo dragon and crocodile. They both are dangerous but well, they are totally different. So before you hit the land of komodo, it would be nice to google a bit about komodo, at least the image so you'll know and not making any stupid statement (some does).
It's a komodo, not a dog
Those komodo might seem proffessional (wrote that on my previous post, here), but it's still a wildlife creature, which are totally dangerous to approach carelessly. Remember one thing, even though it might look like a slow moving creature, it actually can run fast, about 25 kilometers per hour.
Just like diving, you cannot meet up with komodo alone. There are rangers who will accompany you seeing this magnificent creature on it's own habitat. Rangers will tell you what to do, when to move and all the rules to keep you safe. Also, don't get too far from the ranger.
Calm and Confident
Sudden movement always attracts most predators, including komodo dragon. Don't just suddenly run when the komodo walk towards you, just slowly walk to keep the distance as what the ranger would tell you to do.
Any outfit would be okay as long as you can still move and run on it. Don't use heels since you're entering a forest and hills, also you cannot run on those heels don't you?
Some girls cancel their trip to Komodo or Rinca Island because they're on their period. Many believes that blood attract komodo dragon. It might true on some ways but you can still visit those islands and see komodo live during your period, BUT (yes, there's but) you have to tell the ranger, so they will provide special attention to you and you should be on the farther more distance with komodo than others. As long as you obey the safety rules, it's safe.
Emergency Zig Zag
|They can go from slow walking to run fast immediately|
|This might appear on Mr. Komodo's instagram with the caption: "lunch"|
Let's go to the worst case of komodo chasing you. There are two options: run zigzag since komodo dragon cannot switch direction instantly, or climb a tree. But other than those two, it always better avoid that by obeying those safety rules.
Now let's meet the dragon, shall we?
@marischkaprue - she's a lion, not a dragon
- Anda dapat melihat langsung komodo di habitat aslinya di Pulau Komodo dan Pulau Rinca di Taman Nasional Komodo, Flores, NTT
- You can see komodo dragons on their natural habitat in Komodo Island and Rinca Island in Komodo National Park, East Nusa Tenggara.
- Having this trip with Tukang Jalan, dengan budget Rp. 1,9 juta per orang (sailing dari Lombok menuju Labuan Bajo, sudah include makan 3x sehari). Untuk info trip serupa hubungi Tukang Jalan di +6281 806898303/ 081315890191 atau email di email@example.com
- Untuk menuju ke Labuan Bajo dari Jakarta melalui penerbangan transit di Bali. Harga tiket Jakarta - Bali sekitar Rp. 600 ribu (one way), sementara harga tiket Bali - Labuan Bajo sekitar Rp. 1 juta (one way). Total tiket Jakarta - Labuan Bajo PP sekitar Rp. 3,2 juta.
- Jika ikut trip sailing dari Lombok menuju Labuan Bajo maka tiket yang diperlukan dari Jakarta ke Lombok (sekitar Rp. 700 ribu) dan Labuan Bajo - Jakarta sehingga total budget tiket sekitar Rp. 2,3 juta.